Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
At Park Optics infection control has always been a top priority. That is true now more than ever. We want our staff, parents and patients to feel safe and comfortable when they enter our offices. Our offices follow infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We will continue to follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidelines that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. In fact, we’ve gone above and beyond the mandated infection control to promote the safest environment for ourselves and our families, so you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment.
You will notice some changes when it’s time for your next appointment. In order to best protect our staff and patients, we’ve also developed some new guidelines for your appointments:
- In our office, you will be asked some screening questions.
- One of our team members will do a no-contact temperature check along with offering hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Masks will be required by everyone entering the office. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, beverages, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Thank you for being our patient and allowing us to provide the best eye care for you and your families! We value your continued trust and loyalty and look forward to servicing you.